Anyway, this baby's CBU From Japan and priced to sell at RM171,644,80 OTR with insurance. It comes with 5 years or 100,000km Warranty with 10,000km service intervals.
It's fitted with familiar Lancer 2.4 Sportsback 4B12 engine Mated with CVT with 6 stepped Virtual ratios with paddle shifters producing [email protected] and [email protected]
But this SUV have what Mitsubishi called "Multi-select 4WD system". There's 3 modes at the push of a button:
A) 4WD ECO: this is 2WD mode with torque focused on the front. 4WD is engaged only when loss of traction is detected
B) 4WD AUTO: Perfect for wet or muddy conditions. If the wheel slip, torque distribution to the front and rear wheels are optimised.
C) 4WD Lock: This mode maximises traction for all wheels across the revs, enabling it to take on the worst terrains with ease. But it only works below 50km/h (I was told).
It comes with Electric power assist Rack and Pinion steering and Canggih Suspension (NO Leaf springs here!) in the form of Front MacPherson strut and Rear Multi-link. Like the Hyundai Santa Fe, this Outlander's chassis are Monocoque instead of Ladder frame.
With dimensions Length x width x height of 4695mm/1810mm/1680mm and wheelbase of 2670mm, this is a C-segment SUV with a 5+2 seats. It's a Natural competitor to Nissan X-trail. Being a CBU it's WELL spec'ced with the following lists of equipment:
- LED Headlamps with DRL and front fog lights and headlamp washers
- Electric Tilt-slide sunroof
- Rear LED Combi lamps
- 18" Dual tone alloy rims with 225/55R18 tyres.
- Auto light and rain sensing wipers
- Electric tailgate
- Smartkey operation with Push Start
- Best in class 5.3m turning circle.
- Full Leather seats with Leather wrapped steering wheel
Speaking of steering, it has Audio, Bluetooth voice control and Cruise control switches AND
- 8-way power adjustable Driver's seat
- 7 versatile seats.
* 2nd row can slide Fore and aft and 2 step recline. ISOFIX on 2nd row outer seats.
* 3rd row can Fold flat. 50:50.
* Boot space ranges from 260 litres to 1608 litres with 2nd and 3rd row seats folded flat.
* Tonneau cover given...
- Dual zone Climate control (Note: NO 2nd and 3rd Row air Vents!)
- Touchscreen Audio with bluetooth, DVD 6 speakers and reverse camera
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
SAFETY and SECURITY:
- RISE Body (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution)
- 7 Airbags.
- 4 Discs brakes, front Ventilated with ABS, EBD and Hill start assist
- Activee Stability control with Traction Control.
- Standard Llumar Security and Solar Window tint.
- Collapsible steering wheel.
It only comes with 3 colour choices:
1) Red Metallic
2) White Pearl
3) Grey Metallic.
I still have no time to write the driving review.
(Watch this space)
Overall Rating 8/10.
Just post the photos here 1st as a photo's worth 1000 words.